Monday, January 31, 2011

Day 95: Report Cards...On Ice?

Report cards go home tomorrow.  Which is sort of great because then they (and all of the accompanying pieces*) will be out of my hands and I can relax until the end of the quarter.  Not so great is that fact that the local weathermen are calling for another winter storm.  We are supposed to get several inches of snow tonight, which is then supposed to be topped off by about an inch of freezing rain at some point during the day.  And if that isn't enough, the rain/snow/icy wintry mix is supposed to slow down and then reappear with a vengeance tomorrow into Wednesday.  Which means that, while we are finally caught up with our work, we may just be pushed back again because of the weather. That also means that depending on what happens, these report cards may not be leaving me for another day or two. Ugh.

*Oh yeah.  Those extra pieces.  I had my report cards in front of me this evening because I like to arrange them in the order I will meet parents during conferences.  I also like to have an extra copy of everything that goes into the envelope in case there is a question about anything.  (Call me obsessive, but I like to be ready and there is just no way I can remember every single detail about every child.)  In the envelopes (this time) I am to put the following: the report card, the comment form, the math checklist for the quarter, the most recent Guided Reading/DIBELS results, and a health sheet from the nurse.  All in a regular business-sized envelope.  Oh, and the students who have IEPs, 504s, or GIEPs (gifted) have extra documentation.  Some of these children take home two envelopes.  I actually toyed with the idea of putting in my quarterly newsletter, but I think I may burst the seams of the envelope.  I think I'll just save those until Friday.

Let's all hope for a quick thaw.

No comments:

Post a Comment