Thursday, February 3, 2011

Day 96: Thawing Out

No, I haven't dropped off the face of the earth. I have been snowed in.  As predicted, the snow came through and the ice followed.  We had two snow days and returned to school today--just in enough time for report card conferences.  My students have officially had the shortest academic week of the year: two whole days. 

These past days have brought the snow day total to three so far this year.  We've had quite a few delays, but there isn't a limit on those.  I think we have reached our allotted snow days for the year now, although we might have one to spare for the remainder of winter. 

Although, I could be the folks in a picture sent to me earlier today.  The interstate was plowed but it was flanked on each side by what looked like 10 to 15 feet of snow.  I'm not sure where it was, but I'm thankful I'm not there!

Tomorrow is report card conferences for the second quarter.  Report cards went home this afternoon. (Very pleased they did not have to be given at conferences again this time.  They were supposed to go home Tuesday, but we know what happened there.  Anyhow, I speak with parents tomorrow.)

Tomorrow is also Wear Red day or Go Red for Women Day.  You are supposed to wear red to support those who have heart disease and other heart-related conditions.  I usually wear red on this day, but I really try not to wear red on a day when a parent may want to argue with me over a child's report card.  (Not that I'm expecting that to happen, but I've had some situations in the past!)  It's sort of like waving a red flag in front of an angry bull. I usually try to wear soothing colors like pastels or shades of blue or green.  I know, I know.  I may be thinking too much into it.  What do you think? 

So I'm off to get ready.  I need to iron my clothes, eat dinner, and relax for just a minute.  (I was at school today until 6 preparing for tomorrow.  Then I had to run to Target to pick up treats for the candy basket.  Then I went over my own children's report cards with them before we took my youngest to his Nana's for the night.  (She's watching him while I'm doing conferences and my husband is working.)  My oldest has a regular day of school tomorrow; middle school doesn't have conferences.
Ah well.  My pizza is calling.  More to come tomorrow!

No comments:

Post a Comment