Wednesday, February 23, 2011

Day 108: Yet ANOTHER Two-Hour Delay!

Ah.  The snow that was supposed to fall Monday night came down like it was it's JOB.  Here's the thing: When I left physical therapy at 7 p.m, the sky was dark and there were just a few stray snowflakes.  No big deal, right?  WRONG!  By 9 p.m., there was about three inches on the ground.  What? Where did THAT come from?  Needless to say, I went to bed that night a little frustrated because I knew there would be another delay.  Which would set my plans back a day.  The plans I carefully prepared over the weekend (and had already printed out) for my two-day absence later in the week.  The plans that had to be replanned, readjusted, and reprinted so they would be ready Thursday morning. Grr. 

I know what you're thinking.  "Just cut and paste the work from your template."  Ah, if it were only that easy.  See, now I had to move my Friday comprehension quiz into next week (not on a MONDAY, though), and had to push my language arts block forward.  Which means that I had to come up with a "filler" day for Monday so the students could have time to get ready for their comprehension quizzes (because you know they probably won't remember over the weekend...).  I also needed to adjust Social Studies because we had to take some of that time on Tuesday to finish language arts activities.

I have the plans fixed now, and am hoping no other weather-related interruption occurs while I'm gone.  There isn't any in the forecast, but you know what they say about the best-laid plans...

No comments:

Post a Comment