Monday, February 21, 2011

Day 107: President's Day/Make-Up Day

Last week was SO beautiful! 

And then...

There was today. 

The day started with the remnants of a sleet/rain mix that fell overnight.  And the temperature dropped from there.  The difference between the high today and the low tomorrow is just over 20 degrees.  Brr!  Oh yeah, and to top it off, we are supposed to get between 3 and 6 inches of snow tonight.  *Groan.*  I secretly hope that we don't get anything because I just can't bring myself to face another delay or possible snow day. I really have had enough of those.

On an up note, we accomplished a lot today.  The kids were bright-eyed and bushy-tailed. We finished our thank-you notes for Donors Choose, and will finish our Officer Buckle and Gloria letters tomorrow (hopefully!).   We also gave reports on Presidents and reviewed for a math test (even a surprise visit by the principal during math time didn't slow us down!).

I really pray that my students will work as well for the substitute while I'm gone.  They are a pretty good bunch of kids, but just like all children, they can have their moments/days.  I think/hope they'll do fine.

No comments:

Post a Comment