Monday, February 14, 2011

Day 102: Valentine's Day

Today was Valentine's Day.  Chocolate, sweets, sugar, and parties.  Needless to say, some of my kiddos were a bit wound up! 

We managed to get through our day and get everything completed.  Then, it was party time!  We ate lots of red food (grapes, strawberries, Jell-o, Hawaiian Punch, cookies, and cupcakes--with some chips thrown in for good measure).  The students showed off their limbo skills and candy heart-stacking skills.  They also played a game where they guessed the valentine (Mickey to Minnie, The Tramp to Lady, Mrs. Claus to Mr. Claus, Prince Charming to Cinderella, and my husband to me.  The latter was added by my room mom without my knowledge.  It was funny to see 19 pairs of eyes swing my direction when they realized who the valentine was for!).

We also traded valentines.  I always give a book or some type of healthy snack (I know, I know...).  The kids on the other hand, sent me home with four boxes of chocolate as well as assorted other goodies.  One of my students even gave me a luggage tag to use on my trip to meet with Scholastic in New York next week!

In all, it was a good day.  We had fun and the weather actually cooperated (almost 50 degrees!).  What else could you ask for?

No comments:

Post a Comment