Thursday, December 23, 2010

Day 76: We're Finally Here!

Today was the last day before break.  Nothing like taking it to the last possible minute!

We finished up our Grinch writing projects, complete with cover letters.  (With the craziness of the day, I forgot to take a pic of the display!)  They turned out pretty cute.

Before the party this afternoon, we finished the projects, cleaned out desks (very important before any break!), did a snowman glyph I found on ABC Teach, and completed Daily Edit.  We also opened presents.  I opened theirs to me and they opened the ones I gave them.  (Hint: Never underestimate coloring/activity books featuring popular children's characters.  You would have thought I gave them gold.  It was really great to see the looks on their faces.)

Somewhere sprinkled in there was lunch, recess, special, and packing up before the party.  (It's too hard to do at the end of the day as they are winding down and cleaning up from the party.)  Once 2:45 came, it was party time!

The students made reindeer food, played a game called Pass the Present, played another game where they had to fill a stocking with candy using only spoons, ate, and listened to Christmas music.  When dismissal came, they were ready to go and enjoy their break.  And frankly, so was I!

The day is over, Winter Break has begun, and I am resting up for the next 10 days.

Enjoy your holidays!  Have fun with your family and friends, eat a lot of wonderful food, stay warm and cozy with people who love you, and enjoy your time away from the classroom.  In other words, R-E-L-A-X!!

See you in the New Year!

1 comment:

  1. Oh my! I can't believe there are still schools in session! We were out last Friday and we have 3 weeks off for vacation. I have been enjoying my time off, though we are a bit water-logged at the moment. Very glad to have not been in school with 7 days of rain. Enjoy your time off. I wish you had more time to enjoy vacation!

    ReplyDelete