Monday, December 20, 2010

Day 72 (and the weekend): Nap, Anyone?

Okay, so Friday, December 17 (Day 72) was a little better than the previous day.  I wasn't nodding off or near falling asleep in class.  I was still tired, though.  And although I intended to get to bed early, that didn't happen.  In fact, it didn't happen all weekend.

What is it about the holidays that drives us all a little wacky and pushes us to our limits?  Let me explain.  Friday I taught all day.  Then I ran a few errands.  Then I called my mom with her Christmas gift.  (We surprised her with a Christmas trip out to visit us; she lives several long hours away, in another state.).  Then I took my daughter to practice for the Christmas program we had at church last night. Then it was showers and off to bed for all of us because we had an early morning on Saturday.

Saturday morning were off to the farmer's market to get my shopping done for this week.  Then I dropped my daughter to another practice for the Christmas program, got some shopping done while she was there, picked her up, went home, and got ready for a holiday dinner.  After the dinner I baked some cookies for after the Christmas program.  Then I went to bed.  (My earliest time was 10 this whole weekend.)

Sunday we were up and out to church; I had to be there by 9:30 to drop off the cookies I baked the night before.  Then we had service until noon.  After that I brought my son home so we could get lunch and take naps (YES!) before we had to be back at 4:00.  The program began at 5:00 and lasted an hour.  Then we had fellowship for about another hour.  Then we got home and got ready for the week.

Nap, anyone?

No comments:

Post a Comment