Friday, January 14, 2011

Day 86: Long Weekend!

A long weekend awaits me.  I can't wait!  It will be busy, but a good kind of busy, you know?

Tonight we are hosting a sleepover, tomorrow I am attending a bridal shower for my soon-to-be sister-in-law, Sunday we have a get together with some folks from church, and Monday I hope to hook up with my best friend for some shopping. (Really need some new work pants!)

I will try my best not to think about school this weekend, except for the hour or two I am going in Saturday morning to clean my room a bit.  I don't know about you, but I am always surprised at the amount of dust that accumulates on surfaces in such a short amount of time.  My room's not gross, but I know it's there and I can't stand it.

I am also going to rearrange my class library by level because I've discovered that some of my kiddos have been taking the easy way out in regards to choosing their independent reading books.  They are supposed to choose books on their reading level in accordance to our school-wide reading program, but some of them have been choosing the same book more than once or are choosing books below their level because they are easy reads.  Never mind that I have reminded them of the five finger rule over and over again.  (Although I have modified it to three fingers because I think it is more accurate.)  I called the class on it today and told them that a change is a-comin'!  I am also implementing a weekly tracking guide to keep them accountable.

Why on the weekend you ask?  Why on a LONG weekend? Simply put, it's when I have a bit of time.  I've had something after school every night this week, and I want it done by Tuesday.  So there it is.

So aside from that minor inconvenience, I am going to have a good weekend and I wish the same to all of you!

Have fun!

No comments:

Post a Comment