Thursday, January 13, 2011

Day 84: Second Snow Delay

I know it's the season, but geez.  We just HAD a snow delay last week!  I have been trying to get caught up on my language arts, particularly the project I told you all about, well, since last week! 

The schedule for second grade is set up so we have language arts first thing in the morning.  We go from 9:05 to 11:00, then we have recess, and finish the block with Independent Reading until lunch.  On Fridays we typically have our spelling quiz and weekly comprehension quiz and the remaining time is used to catch up on writing projects.  With the delay, those had to be moved, which then squeezed the work to come for next day or so.  We were almost caught up and--WHAM!--another delay! So now we are about two days behind on a project that should have been finished by Friday (the 14th). Ugh.  My other subjects are fine.  But you know as well as I do that language arts is one of the hardest to catch up because of all the components, especially if you are in the middle of a writing project.  With a long weekend ahead of us, I'm thinking we will probably be done by the middle of next week. 

Stay tuned for pics.  And hope that we can get through next week without another snowstorm stopping by.

No comments:

Post a Comment