Monday, January 10, 2011

Day 82: Old Man Winter

Today was so COLD!  We didn't have outdoor recess, which meant I was in with the children for both recesses today.  I had duty for the first recess, but not the second.  I was there anyway, because our recess aides were short staffed and had to split times between two classrooms.  I also had computer today.  (We don't have a computer teacher, so on computer days, the homeroom teachers are the computer teachers.)  My only break was the time I had to eat lunch.  Needless to say, I had a massive headache by the end of the day.  I'm still waiting for the ibuprofen to kick in.

On a high note, I had my meeting with my principal regarding my formal observation.  He was impressed with my student's behavior and engagement in the lesson, my classroom organization, and delivery of the material to be taught.  Overall, I had very high marks.  The only place he had a recommendation was to have more writing during the lesson instead of doing a workbook sheet, but we were doing a review lesson to prepare for our comprehension quiz.  My children usually write quite a bit during the day, between daily journal, reading response, and throughout each subject, even math.  We are in the middle of a project for our current story; I will post that information this week so you can use it if you wish.

Tonight my daughter has a concert, so we have to venture back out into the cold. Brrr.  Send warm thoughts our way!

No comments:

Post a Comment