Friday, November 5, 2010

Day 46: Report Card Comment Form

Here is the report card comment sheet I said I'd post earlier this week.  I hope you can read it! This was the largest I could get the image without it taking over the whole page.  Anyhow, it's a table I've modified to show all of the academic areas for this past quarter. (I add in Science and Social Studies for the second and fourth quarters.)  That way, my parents can have some idea of their child's progress.  (If you're wondering about this, see Day 44: Preparing for Report Cards.)


This is a scan of the actual document, but you get the idea.  I've had several colleagues use it as well.  It's like a little snapshot of progress.  Since it was made in a table format, the boxes are expandable to include all of the information I need to put in.  There is also a space to put in the averages; I just put the cursor in the space before the percentage sign and enter them there.

So, if you want to use the idea for clarity during conferences, preparation for Special Education or Gifted Education meetings, or if your district has outdated report cards and you're searching for a better way to show your student's progress, then go right ahead.

Be sure to drop me a comment to tell me if you like the idea, if you gave it a try, and whether or not it worked for you.

Enjoy your weekend!

No comments:

Post a Comment