Monday, November 1, 2010

Day 41: Warm Blankets, Tea, and the Remote

This day saw me at home, warm vanilla caramel tea (with milk) on my nightstand, the Cooking Channel spouting delicious-sounding recipes from the television, and me, well, snoring.  Loudly, thanks to my stuffy nose.

I literally had to drag myself out of bed that morning to get my kids off to school.  My husband leaves for work by 6:30 a.m. so it's up to me to get my two out the door on time.  On this day, my oldest got off to school without a hitch.  And then to my amazement and delight, so did my son.  Usually he rides in with me, but since I was home sick, I drove him to the bus stop--which is up the hill and around the corner from my house--and waited until the bus came.  Then I came back home and went right to bed.  That was about 8:30.

I slept for more than three hours straight, waking about two minutes before my husband sent me a text at 11:49 to see how I was feeling.  I told him I slept.  Soundly.  Wrapped up in all of the blankets on our king-sized bed.  I might have even drooled.

If you know me, you know I don't take naps often.  I am one of the first people up each day, and usually the last to bed (the bane of most mothers, I think.) I whirr nonstop all day, just to crash and repeat the following day.  So if I sleep that hard, for that long of a time period, something is up.  Just so happens this something was the cold I was fighting.

After a lunch of I don't know what (really, I don't remember what I ate that day), I went back to bed and dozed off and on for the next two-and-a-half hours.  I made myself get up at 2:00 so I could get a shower before my daughter got in from school.  I did feel better, though.  Not 100%, but much better than I had.

I decided to go in on Friday, which was Halloween parades and parties.  There is no way in good conscience I could ever leave a sub--on purpose!--with that kind of a day.  It's just cruel.

On my way back folks!  On my way!

No comments:

Post a Comment