Wednesday, November 24, 2010

Day 58: Almost There!

The day is almost here!  My husband is already home enjoying the first few moments of his holiday vacation.  Me, not so much.  My little darlings are outside enjoying the last few minutes of recess before they are dismissed in about 35-40 minutes.

Now before I get flack from some of you, my plans for next week are already done, my room is clean and ready to go for next week, and I'm just trying to kill some time.

There should be something written for every school district in the nation that the day before a major holiday should be a half day or just plain off.  This day, while it counts as one of our 180, was a waste.  This morning, we had a grade-level reward movie (part of our monthly behavior plan), although some of mine didn't make it because of owed work.  After that was first recess.  Then a read aloud from our principal.  Then lunch.  Then special.  Then a quick review of today's daily edit followed by an assembly.  That followed by a Thanksgiving graphing activity before recess (where they are now.)  After recess we will get packed up and have a read aloud or silent reading until dismissal.  Sure it makes for easy planning, but I think that time could have been used for more productive things.  Ah well.  It's almost over.

I hope all of you have a wonderful break and really take some time to enjoy yourselves!  And if you score some great Black Friday/holiday weekend deals, don't be afraid to tell the rest of us where the savings are!

1 comment:

  1. Bummer that you had to work today. We have been off the whole week. I like having it planned into the school year that way. I could not imagine working today and having anything productive accomplished. The kids are checked out and so are the teachers! Enjoy the days off you get! Christmas is right around the corner!

    ReplyDelete