Monday, November 1, 2010

Day 43: Sniffles, Sniffles for Everyone

It's spreading like wildfire.  I came in today to find that three children in my room were out sick.  One had just returned from being out for the previous three school days with an ear infection and bronchitis.  As I surveyed my room, there are two more I suspect are in the early stages of whatever is going around.

While I thought briefly for a moment that I possibly infected these poor children, the attendance report showed that this must be a building-wide thing.  There were a LOT of children out today!  Could be from the crazy weather we've been having (We've had a range of temps, from 71 degrees to 30 degrees at night in the past week.  I'm sure that didn't help matters.), trick-or-treating in the cold, or the bug that's been running up and down the halls of the building, infecting all in its path.  Who knows?

I just know I'll be getting my flu shot this year to help ward off any unwanted germs.  I'm already fanatical about washing my hands and wiping my desk (the custodians wipe the student's desks).  I don't want any more illness this year.  I know, I know.  When you work with small children, it's an occupational hazard. 

There is no school tomorrow because it's Election Day, but I'm hoping all of my class will be well and back so we can continue on track with what we need to do.  It's always harder to give make-up work than have the children present and learning.  I like my students to be there.  They get more out of their education that way.

We'll see what Wednesday brings.

No comments:

Post a Comment