Thursday, January 13, 2011

Day 85: WhisperPhones Are Here!

Yay!  My WhisperPhones have arrived!  I shared with my class today what they were and how we are going to use them in class and they are just as excited as I am!

Before I can use them, however, I need to label them and put them into individual Ziplocs.  I don't like the idea of the students sharing them because of sanitary reasons, so I requested enough for all students (plus a few extra to allow for new students and possible breakage).  I hope to have them ready for next week.

The next step in the process is to create a Thank-You package to send back to Donors Choose.  If you are not familiar with this, once a teacher's project is funded, the materials are shipped to the classroom.  Once the materials are received, the teacher has about a month to create the package.  This basically consists of pictures of the students using the requested materials along with a few thank-you letters written by the students.  I think it's the website's way of making sure people aren't just taking materials.  Whatever the reasoning, I will be using the website again. 

Anyhow, I'm excited, the children are excited, and we're ready to roll! 

No comments:

Post a Comment