Friday, September 24, 2010

Day 19: I'm So Glad Today Is Over

Well.  This was a day.

I started off with a parent meeting because I have concerns about a student.  The parents seemed to be receptive to my concerns and had some of their own.  I'm hoping we can get this child some help so s/he can be successful.

Next, I was stopped in the hallway by my principal because of the newspaper article.  It wasn't a huge deal; he called me a "newspaper star" or something like that.  He also mentioned that he had received a call from the Administration Building (Oops!).  I thought I was in trouble and probably should have contacted someone over there, but he said that wasn't necessary.  The only thing the article mentioned was my district and school, and didn't have anything to do with district policies.  The article was about my choice to use the website DonorsChoose to get supplies for my class.

By then, we were in the midst of another hot day.  (I thought this was fall!) By the end of the day it was a toasty 92 degrees outside.  Which means nearly 100 degrees in my room.  Let's just say my class and I were sweating a LOT today.  One girl complained that she was sticking to her chair.  Ew. Let's also just say that being sweaty with a "breathable" neoprene knee support on is not the most comfortable thing in the world.  Double ew.

That being said, I have returned to my air-conditioned home, removed the knee support, showered, and eaten a snack. I'm feeling pretty darn content right now.

TGIF!

No comments:

Post a Comment