Tuesday, March 1, 2011

FRUSTRATION AND ANGER AND MORE FRUSTRATION!!!

Sorry friends, but I have reached my limit!  I have been desperately trying to get all of my wonderful pictures downloaded to share with you.  Seems my phone does not want to cooperate. 

Here's the deal:
I upgraded my phone last fall.  All of my pictures that were on the old  phone transferred over.  I was told the phone was set and that everything should have been fine. 

Fast forward to last night, when I was trying to download the 60-plus pictures I took while in New York.  I had bought a card reader so I could transfer over my pics and put them on the computer for easy posting.  Did I say easy?  How about un-BELIEVE-ably hard!  (I know that's spelled wrong, but go with me here!) The only pics that transferred over were the ones that transferred over when I upgraded my phone.

So I called Verizon customer support for, well, support, only to be told that "the pictures are already saved automatically to the card."  Really?  Then WHERE ARE THEY?  I have three "albums" when I open the gallery on my phone: downloads, saved pics (on the SD card), and "camera" (or the ones I took and can see but apparently can't transfer anywhere else.).  After spending 20 minutes on the phone with not one, but two reps, no solution was given save e-mailing all of the pictures to myself.  WHAT? THAT'S my advice?  What's support for then?

Apparently, the SD card is supposed to save all new pictures automatically.  (It doesn't.) There should be an option in my camera menu to rename/move/save new pics to the SD card.  (There isn't.)  I should be able to go in through settings and set the camera to save automatically.  (Nope again.)

So then I get the grand idea to hook up my phone via charger/USB cable to the computer to download the pictures that way.  Genius!  Or so I thought.  The cable needs a driver to be downloaded to read the information from my phone.  So I went to Verizon's website and, lo and behold, there is no such driver available for download...unless I missed it somewhere in my two-plus hours of searching.  I even tried to have Windows search for a compatible driver to download.  Crash. Burn.  Flames. 

I have just sent Verizon an e-mail asking them to fix this problem before I lose my mind.  So until then, you all will have to wait.  Not because I don't love you, but because I really cannot fathom e-mailing all of those pictures and reformatting/resaving them when there is supposed to be a device on the phone to make all of that easier in the first place.

Stay tuned, friends.  Stay tuned.

No comments:

Post a Comment