Sunday, March 27, 2011

Day 128: More Testing and Reading (For Me)

Day 128 was a regular school day.  My students worked on grammar, read a little, worked on drafts of their reports, learned about pioneers, and discussed how to find the perimeter of a shape.

I guided them through the day, worked on sub plans for Friday afternoon (out of town for my brother-in-law's wedding), and prepared to take on some duties for Scholastic.

Once I got home, I tried a new product for Scholastic.  (Sorry, can't tell you.  I mean, I could, but then I'd have to erase your memory Men In Black style.  Trust me, this is better.) I also began perusing one of two books for book reviews to be submitted for the Scholastic Book Clubs Facebook Page.  Those two done in between dinner and evening activities for my church. 

And speaking of Scholastic, I am going to have another visit by members of the staff.  This time they are going to be talking to the first- and second-grade teachers about what areas we feel there are gaps in regarding our curriculum.  For example, I know my grade struggles with finding grade-level appropriate books on landforms, bodies of water, and map skills.  Most of the books are geared toward older readers or are watered down too much.  I'm not sure when the visit is yet; we are still trying to coordinate schedules. 

How about you? Do any of you first- and second-grade teachers have any areas you would like to see addressed?  Leave a comment and I'll put the topics on my list.

No comments:

Post a Comment