Monday, March 14, 2011

Day 117: Stomach Bugs and Other Unpleasantness

Oh, what a way to wake up.

Last night I went to bed feeling fine.  A little tired, perhaps, due to the fact that I had just finished another weekend working at my other job.  I woke up feeling quite a bit less than stellar, thanks to the rumblings in my stomach.  Cue several mad-dash-type trips to the bathroom before leaving for the day.  (Leaving for the day, you say?  Yes.  I had no time to request a sub, especially for a Monday morning.  Deadline for that was 5:30 a.m.  I was still sleeping, oblivious of what was to come, at that hour.)  I took some medicine to help keep things under control and went in to work.

Somehow I made it through the day with no true incidents.  I did fight off nausea off and on all day, but I kept that at bay with ginger ale.  By the end of the day, my sub was requested for Tuesday and my plans were ready.  Cue the second sick day of the year.

I canceled physical therapy and spent the remainder of the evening in bed, sleeping away whatever it was that was attacking my body.  My meals of the day consisted of oatmeal and ginger ale.  I know, sounds fabulous!

Tuesday should be a better day...

No comments:

Post a Comment