Monday, May 30, 2011

Day 171: I'm Melting, I'm Melting!

Friday, May 27, was Day 171.  The harbinger of things to come for these last two weeks of school.

Yep, you guessed it.

The HEAT.

Here was my temperature reading for most of the day:

Can you read it?
In case you can't read it, the mercury was just under the 88-degree mark. This with the windows and door open to create cross ventilation and air flow.  (Trust me, NOT having them open would have been much worse.) 

Let's see.  One teacher, 19 bodies, and 88-degree air temperature. (I didn't even get into the 90-plus humidity percentage!)  Not a pretty picture.  By the end of the day everyone was tired, sweaty, and lethargic.  SO glad school is almost over! 

The week of Memorial Day is supposed to have highs in the 90s all week, which means near 100 (or more) in my room.  I'll keep a daily tab for you.

Until then, send cold thoughts our way, because "We're melting! We're melting!"

No comments:

Post a Comment