Thursday, May 19, 2011

Day 164: Decisions and Dilemmas

Monday, May 16, was Day 164.  A day full of decisions and dilemmas. Why, you ask?  What was going on?

Well, Scholastic decided to bring back the Advisors for the Lucky and Arrow book clubs for a few more meetings.  This is not a usual practice, but there are some things they are still working on.  Anyhow, I received an email saying they want us there June 13 through June 16.  Wonderful!  Except...

1. My last teacher day is June 13.  (The students get out the 10th, but the teachers aren't.) I wasn't approved to take the day as a personal day as I was permitted to do back in February.  So I will need to do my traveling after work.
2. I had two inservices (previously) scheduled for June 15 and June 16.
3. I had to figure out child care.  Two days a week is one thing, but those two days turned into eight.  Why? Because I had to reschedule my two inservices for the following week, which means I will have four inservice days in a row.  (I had them previously scheduled for two days one week and two days the next.)  Also, I had to schedule for the four days I will be traveling to and from New York, and the two days of meetings while I'm there. 

So now I have everything figured out.
1. I will take the late train into New York on the 13th to be ready for meetings early on the 14th.
2. I was able (with my principal's permission) to cancel the inservices I had registered for and reschedule them for the following week.
3. My mother-in-law has agreed to watch my kiddos not only during my Scholastic trip, but also the days I have my inservices.

Disaster averted!

No comments:

Post a Comment