Saturday, April 9, 2011

Day 137: Aaaahhhh! Report Cards!

Sing with me:  Happy days are here again...

NOT!

Ugh.  Report cards.  I don't know anyone who actually enjoys doing report cards.  If there is a better way of showing student progress, I'm all for it.

I've gone crazy this week trying to get my report cards finished by Thursday so they could be reviewed by my principal before they are sent home on Friday, April 8. Thing is, I actually forgot they were due.  I know, I know.  I can hear you from here.  How could I forget about report cards?!?  I actually don't know.  I kept thinking they went home the following week--but surprise!--that was not the case.  Somewhere in between my second job, physical therapy, my regular job, and running a household, things got a little mixed up. (Or maybe I was just trying to keep the thought of them out of my mind for as long as possible.  You know, like a bad memory you just want to bury in the recesses of your mind?)

So anyway, I spent a few nights up late putting together the comment forms, newsletter, math checklists, and entering grades on the sheets themselves. It sounds like a lot (and it is), but if you remember the post from earlier in the school year, you know these are all parts of what I send home to keep parents updated on student progress.  The newsletter and comment form aren't required by the district or even my principal, but there isn't a clearer way I can think of to get it done.

The good news is, I finished on time.  And I'll be sure to keep better track for the next round!

No comments:

Post a Comment