Wednesday, April 27, 2011

Day 150: Spring Has Sprung!


Tuesday, April 26, was Day 150.  First day back from Easter/Spring Break.  First day of what is yet to come.

The flowers are blooming, the bees are buzzing, the butterflies are fluttering...and the heat is returning.  The day's high temperature was 86 degrees.  I actually dressed in dress shorts, a sleeveless top, and sandals.  Why?  If you remember my post from the beginning of the year, I work in a building with no air conditioning.  My building also has a metal roof.  Oh, and my room faces the pavement on the bus loop.  Which means that if it is 86 degrees outside, it is 96 degrees in my room.  The ceiling fans succeed only in blowing the warm/hot air around.  So by the end of the day, my students and I are lumps of sweaty messes. 

The good news is that there are only 30 days left until the end of the school year, so we won't have to be sweaty messes for long! (At least during the summer we have the option of running to the local ice cream parlor.  I don't think field trip monies would cover that!)

No comments:

Post a Comment